Monday, January 21, 2008

General Update

I'll try to have something up about my roommates soon. I'm torn between attempting to arrange mugshots of them and taking unannounced photos of them, preferably either ones of them talking, resulting in oddly contorted mouths, or running in their rooms while they're asleep and taking pictures then. I'll save further information about them for later.

I've run across probably the best way of describing the difference in pricing between Dublin and home. Not only is the exchange rate from dollars to euros apocalyptically horrible, criminal even, but prices in Dublin are very expensive as a result of Ireland's rampant economic growth in the past decade. So - at home, Domino's has the "555 deal," or 3 pizzas for $5 dollars each...here, Domino's has the "888 deal," which of course is in euros, and when converted results in the $12$12$12 deal. Special thanks to sub-prime lending and sloppy-ass monetary policy for our increasingly flaccid currency.

I dropped our mop out of the 2nd story kitchen window today. I was trying to balance it so it would drip out the window, and did not take the windspeed into account, which was many knots. Humorously, it fell in front of the living room window of our downstairs neighbors, so all of them saw it. I just looked at them like it was their fault. In other news, I found a rough equivalent to Frosted Mini-Wheats. This is good, not only for taste and comfort purposes but because it has good fiber, which is essential in a diet featuring beer and fat in majority. Furthermore, Axe is called "Lynx" here, but its still a Unilever product and all the smells are the same. Finally, they not only carry my American toothbrush brand and model of choice, but they actually carry the "firm" variety here, and I can only find "medium" at home.

We went to a pub tonight that advertised that it was showing NFL games. There were a bunch of obnoxious Patriots fans inside. We decided to boisterously support the Chargers, except of course Sam, who is from Boston, and Chris, who decided for the sake of humor that he would scream and curse with bestial vigor whenever ill things befell the Patriots. Last night Sam and I went to another pub to watch an Irish rugby team compete in a European championship match. The pubs were jam-packed, and the atmosphere was great. Munster, who are an excellent team, advanced with a win. I believe it's now time to doze off slingboxing the NFC Championship.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Continental Airlines is killing me. Too much to go into detail (read in my blog if you want to) but they tried sending me to Israel (no joke) and now I'm stuck in Newark until a direct flight to Belfast tomorrow at 9:25. Argh.

By the way while we were landing back in Nashville because the wheels were jammed there were firetrucks racing towards us. I was freaking out and going religious while Lenny, the 30 something Russian next to me, did an evil laugh like it was a rollercoaster. Russians do not fear death.

Jesse said...

I'm guessing his name was Leonid. I think sitting next to someone that had no fear of death would be strangely comforting, as opposed to the psycho who's sweating and clawing the seats.